Georgia prison striker tells his story

April 8, 2011

by Hamim Abdullah Asadallah

Hamim Abdullah Asadallah – government name Shawn Whatley
My name is Hamim Abdullah Asadallah. My government name is Shawn Whatley, GDC 556484. I am a prisoner in the Georgia prison system. I am a European Muslim who sincerely loves Allah (SWT) and his messenger (SAW) and all Black people. I am married to a beautiful African-American Muslima named Khadija.

On Jan. 12, 2011, I was locked up for allegedly conspiring in the Dec. 9 prison strike. I was severely beaten by three white officers because of the prison strike, my religion – my way of life – and because of my love for Black people, and I was transferred to another facility without medical attention. During the time I was being beaten, the officers were shouting derogatory statements, such as “nigger lover,” “wigger,” “traitor” etc.

When I arrived at the other facility and was given my property, pictures of my wife, grandchildren and family had all types of racial writings on them. I was denied medical attention for seven days. Only after I was strategically able to reach out to my family and have them call the governor’s office did I receive medical attention.

After 29 days of being locked down, I was transferred again to a maximum security solitary confinement facility. I am made to sleep on the concrete floor with only a blanket and two sheets. The only property I am allowed to have is writing material and legal work.

I am in a cell that has human blood all over the walls and inscriptions written in blood. I am not allowed contact visits or phone calls. I am escorted under video recorders and three- to four-man escort anytime I exit my cell. I am given a shower every six to eight days and I am forced to shower while being video-recorded with two camcorders. I have filed grievances but they are denied.

On Feb. 21, 2011, I was given a food tray that had been tampered with by someone. After about an hour, I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital for poisoning and intestinal infection. After hours of tests and treatment, I was returned to the same cell and placed back on the floor with no further medical follow-up as of today, Feb. 27. The prison authorities have denied the poisoning and they are trying to cover up the beating by the three white officers (devils).

In closing, I have written several organizations seeking assistance, such as NAACP, Nation of Islam, ACLU, Southern Center for Human Rights, Dr. Boyce Watkins, Ph.D., and others; however I don’t know if my mail is reaching its destinations or not. Here at GDSP/SMU in Jackson, Georgia, eight other alleged prison strikers are being housed. I borrowed the Bay View today – the February issue – and got the address. I would like to receive the Bay View. Allah says in the Qur’an: “Verily with every struggle there is relief.” Allahu-Akbar!

I pray you receive this letter and pass it on to someone who can help me. May Allah (SWT) reward you for your endeavors.

Send our brother some love and light; write to Shawn Whatley, 556484, GDCP/SMU LE 108, P.O. Box 3877, Jackson, GA 30233.

How you can help

Hamim describes the conditions that gave rise to the historic Georgia prison strike, the largest prison strike in U.S. history, in an interview that can be both heard and read at http://socialistalternative.org/news/article10.php?id=1510.

A story about Hamim – or Shawn Whatley – was posted March 8 by the Georgia Green Party, which is part of the coalition advocating for the Georgia prison strikers and has verified his story. They urge everyone to call Georgia Gov. Deal at (404) 656-1776 to demand the humane treatment of all those “accused of instigating the stop-work action. As citizens of Georgia, we know that corrections officials – from the guards who assaulted Shawn Whatley to Commissioner Owens, whose department has covered up these crimes – act in our names. They are paid with our tax dollars. And our silence is tantamount to our complicity in the ongoing torture of these suspected strike organizers.”

8 thoughts on “Georgia prison striker tells his story

1. Lee V. Free

I would like to thank the brother for speaking out about the activity of the devils here. I’m sure he is going to get his ass whooped for saying so, but better him than me. At least he is already in there, so it’s not as bed for me and my fambly since we are still out here. Does anyone else like the new web page at AOL better than the old one? I think it’s great.

2. Suxit L'Argge

My dad just got out of a prison in Georgia. They used a DNA test to prove that the woman he raped was raped by three men, not just one, so they had to let him go. He was beat by the guards just like Mr. Whatley was and there is nothing you can do about it, beleeve me. All you can do is grab your ankles and STFU. Especially for a bald white man, at least that is what my dad says.

3. Hugh Esco

I want to extend to the SF Bay View my appreciation for their coverage of the conditions faced by those locked up in my state's prisons. Your coverage has helped to instigate solidarity actions by those who live far beyond our state borders. And that is much appreciated by those of us working in and out of the prisons. For anyone who'd like to see that excerpt from the Georgia Green Party site in context, you can find it here:

We continue to urge ongoing phone calls to Governor Deal (404-656-1776). Please speak up to demand respect for the human rights those our state has incarcerated and in opposition to SB-40 and HB-87 and related bills designed to create Brown Codes for Georgia, encouraging our local law enforcement officers to engage in racial profiling to enforce our federal government's broken immigration policies.

– Hugh Esco, Secretary
    Georgia Green Party

4. Ex_GA._Guard

This here is a scared whitey in prison till the day he dies..He decided long ago to ass-kiss the nigga's and try to act and be like one of them because that is his best chance for survival inside the big house.

5. Embarrassed Guest

Wow. I am so shamed by my Green Party. This man is in for murder. I am a Republican-turned-Green-Party citizen. I have my doctoral degree. I have spent the last 15+ yrs teaching my children we need more than the 2-party system and we need the Green Party.

And then here you go. It turns out the Green Party people are even more naive than the Republicans I left. What to do?? I feel so betrayed. This man is in for murder. MURDER. Convicted by a jury. REPEAT OFFENDER.

It turns out that to be a hero to the Green Party, if you murder someone, all you have to do is:
    1) Announce you are now a Muslim.
    2) Change your name to a Muslim name.
    3) Marry an African-America; any naive one will do.
    4) Try to deflect the attention away from the MURDER of which you were convicted, by emailing the Green Party and saying you were beaten up because of being Muslim and married to a black woman.
    5) Watch naive Green-Partiers under the age of 25 spend months trying to save your life.

That's all you have to do! Kill someone! Become a Muslim, you say! Marry a black woman! All of a sudden…the problem isn't you….it's the prison guards!

Oh god…..now how do I vote? Back to being a Republican. So embarrassed I left.

For the idiotic bloggers staying up at night to help the murderer:

1971
    RACE: WHITE
    GENDER: MALE
    HEIGHT: 5'09''
    WEIGHT: 216
    EYE COLOR: BLUE
    HAIR COLOR: BLN&STR
    SCARS, MARKS, TATTOOS

INCARCERATION DETAILS

MAJOR OFFENSE: MURDER
    MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: GA DIAG & CLASS PRIS
    MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: LIFE Important Release Information

For parole information please go to Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles website.

ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: CURRENTLY SERVING

STATE OF GEORGIA – INCARCERATION HISTORY
    INCARCERATION BEGIN INCARCERATION END
    05/01/1995 ACTIVE
    03/12/1992 02/11/1993
    04/24/1990 07/22/1990

6. Shawn Whatley is a brutal murderer

Shawn Whatley murdered a close childhood friend of mine named MARK FUGATE!!! He was 18 years old and had witnessed his mother shot on the face by his father who in 2002 was executed at Ga. diagnostics in Jackson. only to 5 years later have SHAWN WHATLEY AND JEFFREY CROSS come into his home and beat his head in with iron pipes and toss him in his OWN trunk wrapped in sheets..they then drove him to norcross GA and dumped his body in a dumpster and were caught 2 days later driving around in the same car with a trunk full of his blood….SHAWN WHATLEY DESERVES EVERY SECOND OF ANYTHING HE GETS IN PRISON FOR HIS CRIMES…AT HIS TRIAL HE NEVER EVEN APOLOGIZED…AND THIS IS THE MAN YOU SUPPORT THAT’S TRAGIC

7. whatley Is No Victim

I know the Fugate family, they are nice caring people, what happened between Pattie and Buck will never be known. What happened to Mark was a pure cold blooded killing by whatley, this man entered Marks home and murdered him to get possession of his Mustang car, how this low life could think he could get away with the ownership of the car is beyond me. I have lived with muslims for over 40 years, in that time i have come to know them as lying, thieving animals who will use the words 'inshallah' (Gods will) as an excuse to cover up anything they do. If you are an infidel (none believer) it is acceptable to treat you as the scum of the earth that is not accepted by God, this leaves the door open for them to, use, abuse, kill, maim, anything they feel fit to do to sub humans in the eyes of 'allah' . If the same actions are served upon other muslims it is then called ''inshallah'' Their religion is not one of peace, it is one of world domination. once the world is dominated by this so called peaceful religion the end of the world is nigh. These comments are from my experiences in life from these people, i have seen their terrorism with my own 2 eyes.