donate or subscribe

Parents Against CPS Corruption

February 28, 2017

Parents Against CPS Corruption (PACC) continues to protest in front of the Courthouse at 400 McAllister St. every Tuesday and Wednesday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. and invite you to join them.

Oppression is multi-faceted and disproportionately affects the homeless and people of color residing in the outer districts of San Francisco. Discrimination in the child welfare and family court systems is especially prevalent.

When state and federal statutes and guidelines are adhered to, Child Protective Services safeguards children and promotes family preservation and well-being. However, Parents Against CPS Corruption, a human rights activist group, alleges that CPS and family court corruption is hurting children and families more than helping them.

By law, children should be removed from their families only if they’ve been neglected, abused or abandoned. Yet more and more tax dollars are pouring into expansion of the child welfare industry, and children who were never abused, neglected or abandoned end up in the system. Instead, more money should be allocated to supporting families in crisis, not unnecessarily tearing them apart.

To address the social injustices and human rights violations plaguing the Black community and others as well, Michelle Chan and Shonte Foster formed the activist group Parents Against CPS Corruption, or PACC, to combat corruption in Child Protective Services and the Family Court division of San Francisco Superior Court. Although they acknowledge that ethical workers most certainly exist in both industries, they also allege that widespread corruption is hurting children and families.

Among their goals are greater oversight and accountability and stricter enforcement of state and federal guidelines and statues, including but not limited to: removal criteria, kinship placement, timely reunification and increased support for families.

To address the social injustices and human rights violations plaguing the Black community and others as well, Michelle Chan and Shonte Foster formed the activist group Parents Against CPS Corruption to combat corruption in Child Protective Services and the Family Court division of San Francisco Superior Court.

PACC is also striving toward court reform. They allege that some Family and Dependency Court judges and court-appointed attorneys are discriminating against low-income and vulnerable clients by depriving them of due process and, more significantly, of their constitutional right to parent and be parented.

The habitual, involuntary separation of children from their parents is detrimental to the emotional health of our future generation and to society in general and is an extreme violation of the fundamental principles this country was built on.

Beginning on Valentine’s Day 2017, PACC began holding protests at the San Francisco Superior Court and 170 Otis St. The protests were successful at raising awareness; however, there were some glitches in the group’s opening week.

Clients at Jelani House allege that the inpatient treatment facility violated their First Amendment rights by not allowing them to protest. Michelle Chan also says that many of their supporters are scared to protest in fear of CPS retaliation.

“Sometimes I feel like a motherless child,” we mourn when we feel bereft of the human love essential to life. Many lonely foster children have mothers who would love to mother them but are separated from their children by CPS. Studies have shown that children are often safer at home than in foster care. Instead of pouring tax dollars into the ever-expanding child welfare industry, why not support families in crisis and stop tearing them apart.

“We can enact positive and lasting change, but we must stand together and stay together,” she says. “Fragmentation leaves us ripe for victimization. This is just the beginning. Have faith because justice for families and children is well within our reach.”

The case of Michelle Chan, one of the founders of PACC, was opened in June of 2015. Domestic violence was the primary safety concern. Substance abuse was secondary.

Her husband, an intellectual property attorney, has a long and serious history of substance abuse and had been arrested numerous times for felony possession of hard drugs. Although the couple had used together when they dated in NYC, she quit long before she became pregnant.

She alleges that he continues to use hard drugs till this very day and now has full custody of their child – and CPS has refused to mandate drug tests. In the very beginning, CPS was going to award full temporary custody to Ms. Chan. After the emergency protective order against her husband expired, she allowed him to see their son on her birthday.

For this violation, their then-2 ½-year-old son spent six traumatizing months in foster care. When he returned home, the child had deep emotional scars and experienced nightmares for months; his evening screams and hysterics pierced the heart like a searing hot sword.

Then, in September of 2016, the social worker, Maryela Padilla, committed multiple crimes in the process of removing Ms. Chan’s son from her custody again; amongst these crimes are forgery, falsification of documents, and Guardian Ad Litem abuse.

A Guardian Ad Litem is a type of conservatorship intended to provide a voice for those who are unable to speak for themselves due to a mental impairment. It is instead used to take away that very voice and silence dissent.

Moreover, CPS and the Dependency Court covered up serious domestic violence and allowed Ms. Chan’s husband to continuously abuse her during a time that she had yet another emergency protective order against him. She alleges that the evidence she presented to the department against her husband is far more damaging than any of the unsubstantiated allegations made against her.

Among PACC’s goals are greater oversight and accountability and stricter enforcement of state and federal guidelines and statues, including but not limited to: removal criteria, kinship placement, timely reunification and increased support for families.

PACC will continue to protest in front of the Courthouse at 400 McAllister St. every Wednesday and Thursday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. until their demands for greater oversight and accountability, fair hearings and trials, due process and equal protection under the law are met. They are urging all victim-parents and sympathizers to join them.

PACC is currently working to grow their membership. To the community, they are offering peer support, court attendance, weekly meetings and advocacy. They will be hosting a barbeque in March.

For more information, email protest@ParentsAgainstCPSCorruption.com or call 415-815-9415. To find out more about their cause, visit ParentsAgainstCPSCoruption.com or follow them on Twitter @ProtestCPS.

17 thoughts on “Parents Against CPS Corruption

1. jose flores

I hope Mayor of San Francisco Edwin Lee could tell the public that in San Francisco which Chinese politician does not have gangland background but still can keep a foothold in San Francisco's political stage, includes himself. How did he get on the stage? What is the relationship between him and the gangland that is almost everyone know it in San Francisco Chinatown.

2. Irie Benson

My name is Irie Benson I have personally been victimized by the CPS corruption. They took my children

1. Amber

I too have been victimized, bullied, and manipulated by CPS. They took my child. With no evidence at all that my child was neglected, hurt, or any of their " reasons "! As Human Beings We Have The Divine Right To Protect Our Offspring. With that said, By Nature, I felt threatened by CPS.! They say they will help you it's a good thing. They are Liars, DO NOT TRUST THEM. I call them HOME WRECKERS! I'm doing my own research on Natural Law. MY INSTINCT / INTUITION tells my in every way that something is wrong with separating Mother and Child. I felt harassed. I counted 20 times that they come to my home unannounced. Every time no case was opened except for the 21st time I lost my hospitality and kindness. Enough is Enough! It's time to investigate them.Their workings and reasoning of what is really going on in that INDUSTRY! DEMAND TRUTH!

3. S AUSTIN

My kids were wrongfully taken from without CPS reports the police went to pick my children up from school told them they were bringing them to me and took them to San Francisco from Sacramento and give them to my abusive ex husband whom only 2 weeks prior pulled knife on me. though police were called he was not arrested. I went to court the judge granted him full custody without absolutely no proof and when I tried to appeal the decision I was denied the right to do so. since my kids have been with the father my oldest child was taken out of his home and placed in a group home where she got pregnant and the group home took her to get an abortion and she has run away from every group home she has been in and placing her back with me has never been made an option. My son was being physically abused by the father they placed him in a group home again I was not made an option. My 2 youngest children are left with the elderly grandmother on a daily basis she can't take care of herself. All my children have suffered at the hands of the CPS group. I am still fighting in court to this day I have court on Tuesday trying to get my kids from him. The father has an active CPS case but the worker is constantly defending him.

1. Brenda

Please spread the word im.brenda dawn justice im an advovate for families abused by corrupt governemnt who are child traffixking children i would like to hear your story and help u fight for your child 3478701842 questions or comments brenda dawn justice

4. Tehlia Littlefield

The rally turned out wonderful today we met a lot of great people who want to support us in stopping CPS from continuously corrupting children and treating our future like Ginny pigs or slaves also a lot of people said they would spread the word that’s so great we’re one step closer to putting an end to all of these unlawful crimes against innocent families

WE WILL STOOOPP CPS ⬅FROM DESTROYING OUR FAMILIES

5. Brenda

How sad and heartbreaking to se all you people who are victs and tour xbildrennbeing trafficked into state cusody amd tortured ans enslaved for profits to the state i will fight for tou you deserve llif e liberty and tour han amd comsriruriinal rifhts to be with tour children child service worlkes amd their conspirators must be held criminally accountBle for their x rime for xhildbtrafficking vi ask tou put my name out there for the fight against childb trafickimg my name brenda dawn justice family child advovate to reunoye children with their families to to advocatebthe prosecutiin against corrupt officials who abise their power of autbority i typed this fast so excise any mispelling 3478701842 i ran as republican 2016 presidential candidate u can look it up online if u wish to do so i wil fiht for your child to reunite with you if your child was taken illegally by corrupt governemnt

6. Brenda

Al childrem should be returned to their familues was your chd kidnapped title 18 chapter 241 conspiracy against rights is a law that clearly says governmemt workers wgo conspire to violate a cutizens rights denything then the priveledges under the unitef stated constitution may be held acountable when they willingly deprive a citizen if life libberty n pursuit of happiness and when the crime of kudnappung is involved and or attempted kidnapping may be sentenced to the death penalty accountability

7. Brenda

I hope everybody who is a victim of this suports the law of conspi against rights to hold them accounttable i will and i advocate and support the law of title 18 chapter 241 under color of law and title 18 chapter 242 deprivation of rights under color of law

8. Karma

I too had my newborn taken after I was asked if I wanted to board since she was 8 weeks early. 4 days while I was breast feeding a CPS worker came in with a smile saying she took custody of my daughter and my discharge papers would be ready so I needed to be out in less then 30 min. I asked why she said I tested positive at time of delivery she seen evidence that I didn’t plus doctors would not let someone with drugs in system to breast feed she then said well you didn’t do all your doctor visit a lie then she said well I’ve already done the removal so you can prove al that in court so I was so confused in shock scared no words can explain my mind set. I had no idea what to do. When I was appointed lawyer he said not to show prof of clean ua etc that it would look like I was In denial now I know that it was cause then case would of been dropped and then no pay check. I been fighting this now for a year was previously kicked out of a program and daughter taken again for her sometimes sleeping in my bed and her falling off the bed during day when someone knocked and I opened door . Anyways I need a lawyer please help

9. nana

This article and the others published here are a travesty. Hurting parents are fed this line of bullshit, that isn't true and no good will come of this. The agency is not out to get anyone, it's only purpose to protect children. Period. The rest of this conspiracy weaving is meant to rally for a cause that is not just.This venue serves as a means to continue to deflect from what the problems are; you put your kids in danger and no one else did Like the truth or not.. The toted examples of a few highlighted are from known mentally ill individuals who deserve compassion in their loss (Salah, Chan), but should not have custody of their children. It's no surprise this paper is going out of business, publishing unverified wild conspiracy theories of parents in pain and attacking the very people who devote their lives to keep these kids, your kids safe.Your commentators and writers are uniformed and negligent. Shame on you, for igniting and encouraging these poor, desperate parents in your ridiculous agenda. If you really want to make a difference, become a social worker or get on
    a civil grand jury. CPS is not the enemy. They are there to protect your children… from you. God speed.

1. Anon Ymous

You are the delusional one @nana! Either that or you work for CPS. Either way, you have no right to defame someone as you did in your response. Just a gentle reminder that you could be held legally responsible for your words and don't assume that you're anonymous simply because you didn't give your full name. Matter of fact, finding out your IP address and tracking it back to you is not that hard at all…

Also, I hope you issue an apology to the parents that are being persecuted across the nation, once these corrupt judges, lawyers, social workers are brought to justice! I'm a 100% sure that legal action is a possibility against you.