Oakland Rising is hiring Voter Outreach Workers, formerly incarcerated welcome – $17 an hour plus lunch or dinner
Oakland Rising Action – Voter Outreach Worker (temporary, part-time)
Oakland Rising Action is a community-led political organization focused on supporting candidates and issues that drive a progressive agenda for Oakland’s working-class, immigrant and communities of color living in the flatlands of Oakland.
We are currently seeking to fill positions for Voter Outreach workers. Voter Outreach workers will be responsible for contacting thousands of voters by phone and through door-to-door canvassing.
This is a temporary part-time job. Workers will work 5-6 days a week (Sunday – Thursday) for 5 hours per day, starting as early as September 17, 2018 but no later than October 1, 2018 until November 6th, 2018.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talk to hundreds of people a day about issues facing voters
- Data entry of results
- Complete accurate daily reports
- Willingness and dedication to learning about current political issues
- Must be reliable, and able to work every day of the assignment (5 hours per day, five to six days a week, either phone-banking and/or canvassing door-to-door)
- Shared values with Oakland Rising Action dedicated to racial, economic and environmental justice
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to reach personal goals
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to talk clearly and concisely to hundreds of people a day about issues facing our communities
- Positive attitude, team player and interest in leadership development
- Ability to do lots of walking
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to fill out accurate daily reports
- Fluency in English required
Preferred but not required:
- Previous experience working on a campaign, with a community organization, doing sales, or customer service
- Automobile with proof of current drivers license and automobile insurance
- Bilingual English-Spanish or English-Cantonese
- Familiarity with East and West Oakland
PAY: $17 per hour
FOOD: Lunch or dinner will be provided each workday
Application Deadline: End of business day @ 5pm, September 12, 2018
Interviews will be conducted Thursday, September 13, 2018 @ 3-8 pm and Orientation will be on Thursday, September 20, 2018 @ 4-6 pm. Participation in both events is mandatory for the hire.
Oakland Rising Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender identity, veteran status or criminal history.