by Shai Alkebu-Lan
Soledad, Calif. – According to Webster’s, the word “tee” in golf as a noun is 1) A small peg on which the ball is placed to hit, 2) starting place for each hole; then, in verb form, it’s “teed,” “teeing,” to hit a ball from a tee, tee off.
What’s so interesting about this word to me is “a starting place,” “to hit a…,” “tee-off.” The possibilities are fascinating, and lead me to the following:
In every endeavor of our lives, we have or had a “tee,” a starting place whereby we coordinate and implement our plan, individually or collectively, i.e., a place to plan our work – to work our plan, operation, mission, philosophy, goals and objectives.
Basically, this “tee” is where we design a plan and from that starting point mobilize, put in motion, execute, carry out. The sole purpose is to achieve the goal, i.e., “hit the mark.” Each step must be backed up with more than the wind from our lungs.
The “tee” of our oppressors was Europe and the Western Hemisphere. Europe’s mark? – to use a breeding ground to enslave, imprison and commit genocide on all progressive-minded women, men and children; the nation builders, thinkers, power players.
Take the key, lock them up and never allow them to attain their lofty position and status through their own cultural, political, commercial, spiritual and financial-economic influence over the world, as well as in Africa, Asia, Australia, the Americas et al. Therefore, Babylon “teed-off” on us fellows of the human community from their vantage point.
I declare total unabridged liberation for all Pan-African people at home (Africa) and abroad (everywhere people of African descent stand).
Europe hit us with everything they had – like the orcs from “The Hobbit” – causing us to flee for our African “souls on ice,” abandoning our societies and civilizations to escape into the interiors of our homelands … or be literally “eaten alive, overwhelmed and consumed” by these avaricious hordes, whose appetite for humanity’s blood, bondage, exploitation and treatment as a human living host for iniquity is never quenched!
We must put our oppressors out of their misery!
Freedom is a constant struggle. The cycle of perpetual oppression by the forces of Babylon must be stopped, now, forever. I hereby place humanity’s “tee” in the ground today on the soil of the Western Hemisphere and wherever our feet stand.
Thus, I declare total unabridged liberation for all Pan-African people at home (Africa) and abroad (everywhere people of African descent stand), as well as all people of the human community:
- To strive for the highest legitimate rewards of merit.
- To implement the ABC’s of employment – A: Any job that generates income to tee; B: Better job to enhance the process of “teeing” and to “tee-off,” strike the mark; C: Career job to continue the lifelong task of self-preservation, freedom and nation building – at home and abroad.
- To live positive, loving, creative, intelligent lives.
- To protect ourselves, families, friends and fellows – male, female, LGBTQ – because we all have a hidden treasure within which needs to shine on the entire human community.
- To reclaim the abandoned land of our foreparents and rebuild our societies; and to buy and own land and build homes, schools, hospitals, universities, farms.
- To launch our own satellites to transmit our own radio and TV programming; and to establish our own fair, firm and flexible international law systems that start with our own local, state and federal park ranger-lifeguard enforcement networks wherever our feet stand upon the soil we acquire. For true!
If Babylon’s societies have failed us with “their guns, spare parts and money, trying to belittle our integrity,” as Bob Marley sang in “Ambush in the Night,” then we have an obligation to “tee-off” and “strike the mark”:
- To re-establish far more progressive societies, which we run – with fair, firm and flexible standards, laws, policies and procedures which generate at every turn a Constitution of Restorative Justice for all who donate resources, skills, knowledge and the attitude of working toward striking this mark. “Teed, teeing!” For true!
Therefore, I ask this question: “Tee anyone?”
Your thoughts, time, resources, knowledge, skills and attitude are needed now!
Send our brother some love and light: Shai Alkebu-Lan, P-02598, P.O. Box 689, CW-209-Low, Soledad, CA 93960-0689.
Artist Valentino Dixon served 27 years of a 38 and-half-year sentence as an innocent man. He used his art to endure and eventually help him to freedom on September 19, 2018. Many more prisoners than society gives credit to are thoughtfully and strategically “teeing off,” using talents often developed inside, to hit their mark of freedom. You can read Valentino’s story and see more of his work at: Valentinodixon.com.