The San Francisco Bay View, after a long run as one of the top 10 Black weekly newspapers in the U.S., is now being published monthly in print and daily on our website, www.sfbayview.com, which is second only to the Final Call as the most visited Black newspaper on the web. The print run is 15,000 copies, which are distributed throughout the Bay Area and mailed to subscribers. The Bay View remains far and away the most popular Black paper in the Bay Area and disappears from the stands as soon as it’s distributed.
Bay View advertisers include AARP, AFL-CIO, American Cancer Society, BART, Bay Area Urban League, Black Coalition on AIDS, Cities of Berkeley, Livermore, Oakland, Oceanside, Richmond, San Francisco and San Leandro, Ford, General Motors, Job Corps, KPFA, KQED, NAACP, Oakland Ballet, SF Jazz Festival, Stanford University, Target Stores, UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, Universal Pictures and hundreds more.
for a Newspaper Campaign
for a Website Campaign
- Society of Professional Journalists’ Excellence in Journalism Award (1996)
- National Black Newspaper of the Year from the National Black Chamber of Commerce (1997)
- Best of the Bay: Best Newspaper from the Bay Guardian, the Bay Area’s largest weekly (1998)
- Best Community Newspaper from Media Alliance (2001)
- Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay: Local Hero to Bay View publisher Willie Ratcliff (2003)
- Society of Professional Journalists’ Freedom of Information Award (2004)
- Best of the Bay from the Bay Guardian again (2009)
- and many more.
San Francisco Bay View National Black Newspaper
4917 Third St., San Francisco, CA 94124
Phone: (415) 671-0789
Fax: (415) 671-0789